US RF Engineer (Handheld device)
US international company with great career progression
Competitive salary package, interesting and challenging job
About Our Client
US global company, dedicated in hand held device and enterprise solution.
- Collaborate with US- and Taiwan-based product development teams to implement products that meet product requirements for Enterprise-Class Mobile Computing devices.
- Provide expert oversight & direction of all relevant activities carried-out on behalf at 3rd-party design partners' sites.
- Provide technical management for third-party design, simulation, and test of electrical, RF, and antenna subsystems of the mobile device as part of a complete system.
- Provide support for RF design schematic capture, including PCB layout.
- Provide support for RF simulation (Circuit/system), EM-Simulation (Antenna +PCBA), radio subsystem integration, including antenna development through designated 3rd-parties.
- Resolve and provide expert leadership to others in resolving system RF test issues, including Desense, Manufacturing yield, Radio performance, Regulatory Approvals, Carrier Certifications, EMI/EMC, & optimization, etc.
- Work closely with the EE/ME/SW team members to ensure the target products meet all relevant FCC, ETSI, PTCRB/GCF, CTIA requirements including any worldwide Network Carrier regulations in a robust fashion.
- Support the RF certification and compliance testing of radio/system reference platform designs through both in-house screening and formal testing at a 3rd-party certified test lab.
- Continuously work to improve the development process, concentrating on time to market, quality, and cost Sp
- Initiates cross-company collaboration and develops positive relationships with other engineering disciplines.
- Exercises judgment (within broadly defined policies and practices) in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
The Successful Applicant
- Proficiency in validating & optimizing radio performance using common RF measurement tools this includes characterization of both conducted and OTA mode performance such as RX sensitivity, spurious/harmonic emissions, TX power and operational RF range performance, etc.
- Experience in a leadership role within a cross-functional product team is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Mandarin.
- Practical experience with RF characterization of wireless systems using specialized radiated measurement system equipment such as an RF anechoic chamber or SATIMO/ETS chamber is highly desirable.
- Practical experience in the troubleshooting to root cause, RF performance/compliance issues.
- In-depth understanding of wireless communication theory and signal processing techniques is required.
- BSEE with 6+ years applicable experience (MSEE preferred).
- Experience of 3+ years with integration of RF radio chipsets and antennas into mobile/portable computing devices.
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary package.
- Good career progression.
- Company benefit and good environment.
- US cultuire, flexible working time.