Mechanical Engineering Manager (Taipei)
8+ years working experience in Mechanical field with leadership skill
3~5 years leadership and team management experience
US company, product include IOT, wearable device and WiFI AP device.
- Manage a team of design/process engineers and project coordinators based in Taipei.
- Grow the team in order to meet the needs of our expanding product line.
- Ensure the success and development of individuals on the project team by defining clear expectations, providing timely and specific feedback, and holding others accountable.
- Work with our program management teams to identify and prevent resource constraints before they happen.
- Identify and coordinate training and professional development for your team.
- Provide technical oversight over all of the work done by your team.
- Promote innovation and technology projects out of Asia.
- Improve and maintain our relationships with ODM/JDM/EMS partners in region.
- Contribute to the evolution of the design process.
- BS in Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, related discipline, or demonstrated equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience leading or managing teams of 5 or more engineers.
- Highly proficient in 3D MCAD. Creo preferred.
- 8+ years experience working in close collaboration with a US or European based company.
- 8+ years of designing consumer oriented products using a broad range of processes and materials, with an emphasis on highly cosmetic plastic/elastomer molding and metal parts (sheet metal, CNC, MIM, etc.).
- 8+ years of experience working with Asian suppliers and ODM/CM/JDM partners, specifically designing and ramping high volume parts and assemblies.
- Experience with the development and integration of electro-mechanical components, such as display assemblies, batteries, and antenna.
- Experience in the areas of: Tolerance Analysis, Statistical Analysis, Design of Experiments, FEA, Thermal Design, DFA, etc.
- Attractive salary package.
- Team build up and expanding opportunity.
- Great career progression.