Global Industrial Design Engineer
New innovation center build up with career progression
US MNC company, good salary package
About Our Client
World-wide biggest chemical and mateiral company to provide essential, practical solutions to customers. Products continue to change the world in which we live, and we've been doing so for more than two centuries.
- Creation of computer aided design (CAD) print patterns based on direct customer input and an understanding of the mechanical and electrical properties of the Intexar™ material system.
- Discovery and development of new garment and wearable device integration technologies as needed to enhance final product performance, for example novel connection schemes, strain reduction features, circuit cross-overs, embossing and perforation techniques.
- Authoring and submission of patents to protect design inventions.
- Build library of reference designs that can be rapidly customized and adopted into ongoing projects.
- As part of the Intexar™ Design Center, work with design planning manager and provide sufficient information to permit scheduling of prototype print runs.
- Remote support of several print sites around globe including DuPont laboratories and commercial print tollers. It is expected that during first 6 months of role, a large fraction of time (up to 30%) will be spent interfacing with print toller to ensure efficient information transfer of the design and better understanding of process details or process limitations.
The Successful Applicant
- Industrial design background with at least 5 years of design experience related to printed electronics or printed circuit board experience preferred.
- Basic electrical circuit design and analysis for low voltage applications.
- Mechanical and industrial design capacity to ensure design is robust and optimally configured for end use requirements.
- Experience with design software; AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, Solid Works or similar PCB design software.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to plan, prioritize, and implement multiple concurrent projects or activities.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, self-motivated, and able to function independent of supervision.
- Excellent English language skills.
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary package.
- Good career progression.
- New team set up and build up.