Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer (IOT)
5 years working experience in ME development
US branding company
About Our Client
US leading company, dedicate to design health IOT products.
- Work with ID to assess product features for manufacturability and recommend capable processes, equipment, etc.
- Contribute to the development of the mechanical product architecture.
- Detailed design of mechanical components, including complex assemblies and sub-systems.
- Conduct rapid feasibility studies to design for optimal mechanical robustness, schedule and cost.
- Identify and execute on analysis (FEA, TA, etc.) for predictable and successful system builds
- Oversee internal and external prototyping.
- Conduct early DOE studies and present conclusions.
- Facilitate the appropriate use of design reviews.
- Ensure thorough documentation of studies and design decisions.
- Work directly with part suppliers on DFM, tooling kick-off, tool bring-up, and tool/part qualification.
- Collaborate with local and overseas engineering and manufacturing teams to qualify tooling and define visual quality requirements.
- Work directly with our ODM/CM/JDM partners in support of system assembly build activities.
- Root cause analysis and corrective action implementation as a result of build issues and reliability testing.
- Contribute to the success and development of individuals on the project team by defining clear expectations, providing timely and specific feedback, and holding others acc
The Successful Applicant
- BS in Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, related discipline, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
5+ years experience working in close collaboration with a US or European based company.
5+ years of designing consumer oriented products using a broad range of processes and materials, with an emphasis on highly cosmetic plastic/elastomer molding and metal parts (sheet metal, CNC, MIM, etc.).
5+ years of experience working with Asian suppliers and ODM/CM/JDM partners, specifically designing and ramping high volume parts and assemblies.
Expertise in the development and integration of electro-mechanical components, such as display assemblies, batteries, and antenna
Experience in the areas of: Tolerance Analysis, Statistical Analysis, Design of Experiments, FEA, Thermal Design, DFMEA, DFA, etc.
Expertise in 3D MCAD, Creo preferred.
Highly motivated to teach, learn, and contribute.
An ability to communicate well with cross-functional team members, efficiently collaborate to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community.
Domestic and international travel up to 25%.
What's on Offer
- Good attractive salary package.
- Great exposure.