Senior Merchandising Manager - Cosmetics Manufacturing
Leadership position looking after a critical BU
Competive compensation and benefits
Our client is an international cosmetics brand in the midst of expanding their business in Asia and in Europe.
- Obtain and review seasonal merchandising plans from clients.
- Analyze all weekly, monthly, quarterly standard reports including weekly selling, monthly sales, and margin trend recaps. Present the information and conclusions drawn in monthly business review meetings that include Senior Management.
- Identify and develop innovative strategies to increase sales of licensed products globally.
- Participate in all Sales Meetings and Design Review Meetings. Facilitate the process by acting as communication liaison between Design and Business Units regarding design changes, margin challenges and retail price adjustments as it affects sales and forecast information.
- Ensure target margins are set and met with cross-functional teams.
- Partner with merchandising team & management to draw conclusions on sales performance and identify similar trends across all Business Units. Use these conclusions to impact line planning.
- Partner with merchandising team & management on all forecast changes, changes to merchandise assortment, colors, and retail and margin changes, ensuring clear communication to the management and Collaborations on pertinent issues.
- Evaluate new product opportunities and product extensions.
- Shop the market to stay abreast of trends. Compile competitive shopping analysis and present relevant conclusions for our licensed categories.
- Obtain and review seasonal merchandising plans from licensees.
* Excellent product sensibility.
* Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills; comprehensive understanding of retail math.
* Team oriented with ability to multi-task.
* Ability to take initiative, ownership, and accountability for business.
* Ability to react quickly with a strong sense of urgency.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience in leading a successful cross functional team.
* Management and team building experience.
* Knowledge of the production process.
* Strong presentation skills.
If you are looking to take on a leadership position within an international company this si the right fit for you.