Senior Compliance Officer (Health Care)
Big scope with famous brand.
Opportunity to gain skillsets within compliance
My client is a well known international business, offering customers with a wide range of services and product range. They have enjoyed a long history of success within this field and is further expanding their business in Taiwan.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on Medicare compliance matters; delivering relevant regulatory compliance guidance in a concise, meaningful, and actionable manner and partnering with business areas, IT, and/or FDRs to execute on Medicare compliance requirements.
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct.
- Designs, develops, implements, and evaluates compliance training for all levels of staff to support an awareness and understanding of Medicare requirements.
- In collaboration with the Chief Compliance Officer, conducts the annual risk assessment process, as well as periodic re-evaluations.
- Designs, develops, implements, and evaluates audit, monitoring, and assessment tools and evaluation processes. Conducts audits in accordance with the Compliance work plan.
- Institutes and ensures an effective compliance communication program for the organization, including promoting the use of the Compliance Hotline and awareness of the organization's Code of Conduct.
- Conducts investigations of non-compliance (including root cause and impact analyses), establishes a retribution-free system for reporting of noncompliance or compliance concerns, and develops and implements corrective action plans. Works in conjunction with Human Resources to enforce disciplinary actions.
- In conjunction with the Chief Compliance Officer, oversees external regulatory and enforcement actions (i.e., data requests, audits, etc.)
- Prepares reports and presentations required by the Compliance Committee, Executive Leadership, and the Board of Directors regarding Medicare compliance activities.
- -7 + years of finance/regulatory/compliance/legal experience required.
- -Experience managing a compliance department with demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a compliance program.
- -Proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word, and Excel
- -Excellent research skills, attention to detail, and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage complexity and multiple projects simultaneously.
- -Familiarity with Federal healthcare program requirements and Federal fraud and abuse laws
- -Fluent in Chinese and English
- -Experience with external regulatory audits
- -Familiarity with commercial federal Exchange audits preferred
- Competitive hourly rate
- Opportunity to work remote
- Opportunity to gain skillsets within compliance
- Opportunity to work for a large, health care company