Sales GM (Freight Forwarding)
Great chance to take cross function sales team management.
Exciting opportunity to work in a foreign company and lead a stable team.
Our client is a European company with more than 40 years history. They provide freight forwarding (both ocean and air), warehouse and supply chain services to enterprise clients, generating annual revenue of more than 4 billion USD per annum.
- Responsible for business development in sales offices and key accounts within the country.
- Lead, advise, and support sales team to win business opportunities.
- Ensure that sales business procedures, plans and programs are understood and to achieve revenue and profit goals.
- Ensure compliances with corporate policies, procedures, and organisational KPI.
- Provide guidance and support to area management team on any issues relating to operations, communication, human resources, revenue enhancement, standardising procedures, systems applications and executing processes to meet customer needs.
- Collaborate with management to develop continuous improvement methodology in key areas of service and growth, use key performance indicators to drive and quantify cost optimisation while maintaining customer quality and service.
- Consult with and appraise senior management of important issues, operational concerns, personnel matters, capital expenditures and all commitments obligating the company. Ensure directives, rules and procedures are communicated to all personnel.
- Use communications skills to motivate staff and develop effective working relationships with peers, executives and clients.
- Plan resources in the most cost effective manner without compromising either service standards or business growth.
- Oversee and manage the professional development and productivity of department staff members to ensure proper goals, training, professional development and project management requirements are met.
- Ensure that all facilities provide a clean, healthy, professional and safe working environment for all employees.
Education and Experience requirements
- Bachelor's degree desired.
- At least 10 years of Sales experience in Freight Forwarding Industry.
- At least 5 years sales and management experience.
Job Skills and Competencies for this position
- Excellent communications skills.
- Result oriented and sales focus.
- Good negotiator and analytical.
- Proficient in both written and spoken English & Mandarin.
- Comfortable working with individuals with difference languages and cultures.
- Proven leadership skills in a team environment.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise and effectively manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Experienced in developing business.
- Strong organisational skills (prioritise, plan, assign, collaborate and control) and commercial background.
Good platform to plan and execute your own business idea.