Sales Director (Speciality Chemicals)
Largest marketer of specialty chemicals and ingredients in APEC
European company with extensive network across over 20 countries
About Our Client
The largest marketer of speciality chemicals and ingredients in the Asia-Pacific region, with history over 80 years of industry experience. Their extensive network across over 20 countries is where big-business resources meet small business agility. They provide local market knowledge, long-standing customer relationships, application development and supply chain management.
Speciality markets for Engineering Plastic, Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, Inks, Rubber, and Lubricants.
- Provide leadership and direction to the segments through aligned objectives and motivate the team for successful execution of strategies and plans.
- Keep abreast of company's wide strategy, initiatives and programs across all functions and communicate to the relevant team to assure clear understanding and alignment.
- Champion transformation through positive behaviour, role mode-ling, coaching.
- Establish business plan and execution plan for Core Solutions team.
- Partner internal stakeholders including Marketing Group to drive marketing, active project pipeline and innovation in alignment and collaboration with company's relevant application development team
- Partner with Head of Portfolio Management and respective team to develop optimum product basket.
- Drive business development in target market segments by building and deepening expertise of focus markets.
- Develop and motivate sales team to meet and exceed sales objectives and goals.
- Lead segment sales & marketing to develop and execute operationally to drive continuous profitable growth. This includes building knowledge within markets, staying attuned to industry trends, building market intelligence on competitors and leading customer plans which will expand opportunities to establish the right product portfolios with key customers and markets
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in chemical, science or related qualification. MBA will be plus.
- Minimum 10 years in the Chemical industry or related industry with at least 5 years or more experience in management roles.
- Solid leader with proven track record in managing dynamic teams to deliver stretched goals. Able to motivate and align direction, set priorities and objectives to drive results.
- Strong ability to establish mid to long term plans and work with customers to translate their strategies and pain points to create and execute tactical and actionable plans.
- Solid financial acumen with strong analytical ability.
- Customer focused with solid interpersonal skills and good networking ability to build relationship with customers.
- Strong communicator in both written and spoken English.
What's on Offer
- Strong brand resources and connections within Chemical sector
- Experienced and stable team to work with
- Direct communication to regional reporting line
- Great incentive programme