Sales Director (Industrial Specialty Chemicals)
One of the largest maker of specialty chemicals in APAC
Multinational company with extensive network across over 29 countries
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest maker of Industrial specialty chemicals in APAC region, with history over 42 years of industry experience. Their extensive network across over 29 countries is where they provide local and international market knowledge, warm customer relationships, application development and strong supply chain management. Specialty chemicals markets for Rubber, Inks, Engineering Plastic, Coatings, Adhesives etc.
- Drive new business development in target market segments by building and deepening expertise of focus markets.
- Establish business plan and Sales execution plan for Sales team.
- Develop and motivate Sales team to meet and exceed Sales objectives and goals.
- Provide leadership and direction to the segments and motivate the team for successful execution of strategies and plans.
- Lead segment Sales & Marketing to develop and execute operationally to drive continuous profitable growth. This includes building knowledge within markets, staying attuned to industry trends, building market intelligence on competitors and leading customer plans which will expand opportunities to establish the right product portfolios with key customers and markets.
- Partner internal stakeholders including Marketing Group to drive marketing, active project pipeline and innovation in alignment and collaboration with company's relevant application development team.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in chemical, materials or related qualification. MBA is plus.
- Minimum 10+ years in the Chemical industry or related industry with at least 5+ years or more experience in management roles.
- Strong communicator in both written and spoken English.
- Strong ability to establish mid to long term plans and work with customers to translate their strategies and pain points to create and execute tactical and actionable plans.
- Solid leader with proven track record in managing dynamic teams to deliver stretched goals. Able to motivate and align direction, set priorities and objectives to drive results.
- Customer focused with solid interpersonal skills and good networking ability to build relationship with customers.
What's on Offer
- International branding resources and connections within Chemical industry
- Direct & open communication to regional reporting line
- Experienced and solid technical & service team to co-work with
- Great Sales incentive
- Challenging yet rewarding career progression