Research Analyst - China eCommerce
An advanced sell side research methodology
Conducting research for the hottest market and sector with a dynamic team
About Our Client
RedTech is an independent research firm specializing in the Chinese Internet, eCommerce, Fintech and related sectors. RedTech has been providing market intelligence and research services to institutional investors, ad agencies and multinational companies since 2009.
RedTech produces in-depth reports, detailed presentations and ongoing industry and company updates that are based on primary research and a variety of proprietary data from surveys of consumers and businesses, and data on mobile apps and online gaming. The company has operation and footprint in multiple cities includes London, Boston, Hong Kong, Taipei...
Their advantage in battling larger firms on the Street is that they are nimble and quick - unfettered by layers of bureaucracy and driven by an intense curiosity of the industry and the companies they cover.
- This is a client-facing role working as part of an existing team covering eCommerce. The current analyst already covers BABA, JD and VIPS; while the new analyst will be the lead on new listings in eCommerce. You will be expected to generate your own industry and company views and be able to present them internally and to buy-side investors.
- Compiling survey results and other proprietary data and create written presentations and reports for institutional investors.
- Tracking daily news flow and financial results of Chinese eCommerce and related companies and prepare brief comments on the relevance and impact for investors.
- Creating and maintaining financial models, estimates and valuations for relevant companies and helping to maintain the team's eCommerce industry model.
- Design and execute industry and consumer surveys and focus groups related to Chinese eCommerce companies and industry developments.
- Conduct frequent interviews with industry sources, including field research in China, and write-up detailed reports for internal and client use.
The Successful Applicant
- This position requires a person with a high degree of confidence, motivation and flexibility.
- This position will be focused on smaller, up and coming eCommerce companies and as such the candidate must be comfortable exploring new topics and be prepared to change course quickly.
- Excellent Mandarin and English language skills - speaking and writing - are essential. Primary sources are Chinese, but most of their clients are English speaking.
- MS Word and Excel skills are a must, as is financial modeling experience.
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, patient, careful and a team player.
- 3 years or above relevant experience and CFA candidates are preferred.
What's on Offer
- Sitting in Taipei but oversee the most appealling and promising market
- Learn and develop a new methodology to evaluate portfolio coverage
- Working with an international and diverse team
- Well benefit and better work life balance