Regional Risk Officer -Financial Service
Great career progression
About Our Client
This company is an well-known financial service which provide investment management and research services.
* Assist in the implementation of Asia ex Japan Operational Risk Framework, (e.g. reviewing & improving risk maps, managing errors and conducting root cause analysis, evaluate the effectiveness of controls and provide recommendation to improve such controls).
* Support the risk team in producing and analyzing portfolio-level risk and its decomposition across the different product lines by managing data, reports, and metrics already in place. Help establish/implement new tools and systems for risk analysis.
* Participate in project calls for new products & initiatives, identifying areas of risk and potential gaps
* Report important information/concerns up and down the organization.
* Participate in Risk, Error, and relevant Committees.
* Support the risk team in investigating trends and forecasting risks, both from an operational risk and investment risk standpoints.
* Act as a liaison and coordinate/share global risk standards with regional offices.
* Participate in ad-hoc projects as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, statistics, computer science, or related fields
- 2-5 years of working experience, preferably in risk management
- Strong interest to learn new concepts, technology and tools
- Ability to communicate across different channels and countries
- Collaborative, proactive and creative approach to problem-solving
- Self-starter with initiative and ability to work independently
- Strong organization and multi-tasking capabilities, strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Proficiency in Chinese and English
- Proficient understanding of financial markets, asset classes, security attributes, and asset management operations
- Project management skills
- Good understanding of fund management regulations in any of the Asian countries
- Licenses available for SITCA registration will be a plus
- Working knowledge of SQL & VBA
What's on Offer
- Attractive package and benefits
- International exposure
- Great career progression
- Dynamic working environment