Regional IT System Administrator - Taiwan and S.E Asia role
Regional role covers Taiwan and South Eastern Asia
Leading company in semi conductor industry
About Our Client
US semi conductor company (headquartered in San Jose) provides yield improvement technologies. The company also has offices in China, Europe, Japan, Korea and Taiwan.
- This position will join and compliment the skills of a larger team having the specific application software skills, industry experience and account management responsibilities required to deliver our solutions to end customers.
- Based in Taiwan and will require periodic business travel to destinations in East and Southeast Asia (travel frequency up to 20%)
- Proficient at the installation, administration and support of Windows Server, Enterprise Linux and VMware vSphere (ESXi) server infrastructure.
- Capable of managing and troubleshooting networks and firewalls.
- Strong troubleshooting skills are required.
- Report to the Senior Manager of Operations.
- The employee's contributions and good performance will have wider management visibility offering the opportunity for advancement over time
The Successful Applicant
Education and Experience: University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering. 4+ years of experience in a multi-platform system administration position.
Required Technical Skills: Enterprise Linux, Windows Server, VMware vSphere (ESXi), TCP/IP networking, firewall configuration, DNS, Windows Domains, Windows scripting, Linux scripting, backup operations, and troubleshooting.
Optional Technical Skills: Although not required for consideration, an applicant with prior experience installing and supporting infrastructure for Oracle or other databases will be preferred.
Language Skills: The candidate must be fluent in both spoken and written Mandarin. Further, to effectively communicate with our customers and employees across the world, the candidate must also have written and spoken English language skills.
Travel: Traval up to 20% to East and Southeast Asia
What's on Offer
- Competitive annual salary package
- Annual leave
- Flexible working hours