Project Controls Manager / Analyst
About Our Client
Our client provides advisory and capital raising services to corporate and government clients involved in public mergers and acquisitions, private treaty acquisitions and divestments, debt and equity fund raising and corporate restructuring. It also undertakes principal investing activities globally in support of its client activities.
Together with the project management team you will:
1. Implement and manage project controls processes to ensure that changes to the project baseline are managed and controlled effectively and in-line with delegation of authority levels.
2. Take ownership of business case assumptions and ensure that the financial model is kept up-to-date with the latest assumptions and work to maximise value for project shareholders by advocating financially optimal solutions. You will also need to ensure that commercial and financial considerations are taken in to account and manage scenario analyses where multiple alternatives are evaluated as part of risk management and decision making processes.
From a cost and budget management perspective, you will:
1. Work with the package teams to establish and maintain up to date forecasts, challenge budget assumptions where appropriate and proactively seek more efficient solutions.
2. You will work closely together with the accountants to ensure that the reported financial accounts are aligned with project cost reports and that all expenditure is within the approved budget. You will also liaise with financial modellers to ensure that latest cash forecasts are modelled accurately in both the base case and sensitivity scenarios.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that robust risk management controls are in place and high quality risk reports are made available in a timely manner.
You will work with project management and package teams to identify an evaluate project risks and work with risk owners to create effective risk management plans, ensuring all mitigation actions are carried out effectively.
You will also make sure that the project maintains an up to date risk register at all times, and that appropriate insurance policies are maintained and comply with all insurance requirements.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant commercial or financial discipline and have significant experience working in a construction project environment performing a relevant project controls role.
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills and will be required to develop and nurture client relationships.
- Fluent and in English and while not required, written and spoken Mandarin skills will be a plus.
- Project Finance skillset
What's on Offer
- Great remuneration
- International working environment