- Opportunity to work for an industry leader
- Strong growth potential
About Our Client
Our client is a renown manufacturer of packaging products for the global food industry.
- Maintaining a six month production master schedule which takes into account the customer forecasts whilst maximizing operation efficiency and increasing the plant's throughout in accordance with business planning horizons;
- Ensuring the timely issuance of accurate production orders to enable all related departments to have adequate time for material planning and procurement, toolings and resource planning;
- Monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules when necessary and ensuring that the production schedule is adhered to and that products are produced efficiently, with appropriate resources, at the right quality and in the most cost effective manner.;
- Working closely with the Plant manager in the analysis and reporting on production performance against the prescribed standard and production schedule adherence on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Reporting on all production backlogs to the management immediately to ensure that the necessary operations can be expedited to re-mediate delays to the schedule.
- Altering schedules to meet urgent customer requests and to avoid any delays resulting from unforeseen conditions.
The Successful Applicant
- 2-5 years of production planning/scheduling experience within a manufacturing environment (preferably with experience in high volume manufacturing);
- Demonstrable Knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing, GMP, JIT and capacity planning;
- A confident communicator and team player and strong verbal and written skills, adept at partnering across business functions;
- Exposure to lean working and continuous improvement (kaizen) practices including production planning within a lean environment;
- Analytical and practical approach to problem solving;
- Well organised, meticulous, logical and methodical thinker;
- Effective negotiator with demonstrable project Management skills;
- Working knowledge of ERP systems and sound abilities with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
What's on Offer
Opportunity to strengthen technical skills