Product Department Analyst - Financial service
Great career progression
About Our Client
This company is a leading financial service company company which provide great career progression for their employees.
- Drive and support product development projects in an effective manner, applying products and projects standards, leveraging resources within the broader Product Strategy and Development team and coordinating with other key teams (investments, sales, operations, legal and compliance, finance, risk, etc.)
- Participate the decision-making process on key design elements of new products including portfolio guidelines
- Assist in monitoring regional trends and developing a point of view on product development and platform priorities
Track key competitor activity and regulatory changes in region.
- Support/conduct primary research on product fees, share classes, vehicles and other features and form/implement recommendations.
- Assist in reviewing/building business plans or research used for seed capital tradeoffs within the region.
- Support evaluation of setting up new platforms in key/new markets where appropriate.
- Support continuous review of existing platform and:
raise awareness to sales and business development of products which could be ready for promotion or priority
assist with proposals around regional products that are candidates to be decommissioned
- Drive and assist in product enhancement proposals and execution to create broader commercial appeal
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree or above in a relevant field
- Business proficiency in both Chinese (Mandarin) and English is a must; additional languages skills (esp. other Asian languages) are a plus
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the investment-management industry or other financial services firm (including 2 years in an asset management role)
- An understanding of retail funds market within the APAC region (some exposure to institutional services/clients a plus)
- A track-record in leading complex projects in a financial services context
- High level understanding of mutual funds' operational and legal key dimensions
- Some understanding of Taiwan's and other Asian markets' mutual funds' regulatory framework an important plus
- Strong quantitative/numerical skills with previous experience to use data sets to support the build of business cases and facilitate decision-making process
- Strategic mindset; able to articulate complex thinking in a clear and synthetic way
- Highly detailed-oriented and organized
- Approachable yet with the gravitas to engage with stakeholders at all seniority levels
- Practical ability to prioritize and problem-solve
- Ability to work effectively under pressure on multiple, changing priorities, adhering to tight deadlines
- A team player and ability develop/maintain strategic relationships with internal and external partners
- Execution orientated producer who seeks to over-communicate through use of clear and concise analyses and deliverables
- Curious, driven individual, with the stamina to impact the Firm's organic revenues growth and the ambition to develop in the role and beyond, through efficient projects execution and a visible contribution to strategic decisions
- Ability and willingness to travel from time to time (expected less than 10% of the time)
What's on Offer
- Great career progression
- International exposure
- Dynamic working environment