ODMOEM Outsourcing Manager_Tech
Visible career potential in SCM
About Our Client
An US start-up company with strong business performance in outdoor consumer products. Strong IP in engineering and R&D. Not only with strong hardware team in Taiwan but now leveraging its software/digital values to build a technology barrier in the market.
My client is a venture-backed company that has brought the world the first battery operated wifi security and monitoring device, the Video Doorbell.
With an innovative and passionate team with an unending desire to build great products that can change the world for the better. They are both a hardware and a software company which means everyone is exposed to some of the coolest tech you've ever seen.
Summary: in charge of IT ODM/OEM/assembling company activities from management, analysis, pricing, sourcing, RFQ and tech/spec delivery.
* Identification of suppliers for a particular product, and evaluation of the supplier
* Combined with a ground level analysis of the specific core competencies of suppliers
* Development of a sourcing strategy (considering Continuity of Supply, minimizing risk and costs)
* Negotiation with suppliers (products, service levels, cost, geographical coverage, payment terms, etc.)
* Own suppliers relationship and manage business escalations
* Implementation of new supply structure
* Total cost analyses (BOM cost, MVA, Inbound/Outbound cost and NRE)
* Drive cost negotiations and cost reduction proposals
* Establish monthly cost review process
* Conduct initial ground-up estimation/projection and Design-for-Cost process
* Manage through premium approvals/NRE reconciliation/material scrap process
* Engage with additional vendors applicable to our future products
The Successful Applicant
1. Strong experience in IT ODM/OEM, high-tech manufacturing, and consumer electronics vendor management and sourcing activity for at least 5 years.
2. Experience in strategic procurement in IT ODM or branding companies.
3. Knowledgeable on factory operations and manufacturing process.
4. Significant experience in a variety of manufacturing and/or planning environments
5. Background in managing international relationships and remote organizations
6. Fluent in both English and Mandarin Chinese
What's on Offer
Joining start-up company with stable growing track.
Visible career potential and path in procurement and supply chain.