Multinational corporation in sport industry
Career progression internally
About Our Client
Multinational corporation in sport industry
- Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Manufacturing Director is the senior-most employee of the urethane sport business joint venture.
- The Manufacturing Director is accountable for all plant performance objectives, not limited to safety, product quality, cost, order fulfillment, yield, inventory, employee productivity and engagement, and service performance, through close oversight of the operations and service agreement laid forth in the JV Agreement.
- This role ensures that operations are in compliance with all required regulations.
- The Manufacturing Director is responsible for identifying and driving continuous improvement initiatives associated with plant metrics and mitigating significant risks to ensure manufacturing and product excellence.
- The Manufacturing Director is responsible for creating and maintaining effective communication lines with leadership to ensure operational success of the facility.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Through oversight of JV's operations and services agreement, manage all aspects of plant operations: production, shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, information flow, material flow, and financial management.
- Manage overall performance metrics associated with the facility
- Identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities across the facility; lead efforts to increase productivity, simplify processes and reduce costs through automation, standardization and control enhancements.
- Manage facility financials, including budgets and P&L, and expertly represent facility financials to JV Board of Directors, with support from Finance Director.
- Lead monthly plant report-out meetings and provide direction, support, and leadership on aligned initiatives.
- Collaborate with R&D and Sourcing groups on new product introductions.
- Communicate with Planning groups regarding new product launch schedules, tracking critical phases of activity, and collaborating on capacity planning.
- Directly manage, coach, and support JV team.
- Motivate team to achieve targets across all categories, providing workload prioritization as necessary.
- Ensure a positive, productive and engaging work environment that is consistent across the entire operation.
- Take the lead to resolve issues and elevate larger issues to extended management team as necessary.
- Foster culture of continuous improvement and operational efficiency.
- Ensure onboarding and training program effectiveness.
- Perform other responsibilities as required.
The Successful Applicant
* Bachelor's degree in industrial or manufacturing engineering; Master's degree preferred
* 10+ years of experience in assembly, manufacturing, and warehousing management
* 8+ years of experience in injection molding and/or consumer products manufacturing environment
* 5+ years of experience in leading and developing successful teams
* Experience managing operations finance, including budgets and P&L
* Experience working in lean manufacturing environment required, automotive experience preferred
* Excellent leadership, strategic planning and organizational skills
* Excellent English written and oral (including presentations) communication skills
* Fluency in Mandarin Chinese required
* Ability to navigate demands of multiple stakeholders
* Must be highly detail-oriented with ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
* Strong sense of urgency; responsive and proactive
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with understanding of data analytics tools preferred
* Leadership and influencing skills necessary to lead and performance-manage a large extended team effectively
* Independent and self-directed with accountability to make sound business decisions
* Complete understanding of operations finance management including budgets and P&L
* Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* Lean, Quality and/or Six Sigma education or certification desirable
What's on Offer
* Work within manufacturing, distribution, and office environments
* May be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 10%
* Must be able to work flexible and/or extended hours when required
* Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials up to 25 pounds
* Regularly required to stand for long periods of time, bend and reach as required