Managing Director - Taiwan
Established Business Positioned for Growth Phase
International Business with Outstanding Market Reputation
About Our Client
Häfele is one of the world's leading system suppliers in the fields of furniture fittings, architectural hardware and electronic locking systems. Häfele started off as a local specialist hardware business in Germany more than 90 years ago and has since grown to be a truly global family owned multinational company with over 7,600 employees worldwide. Häfele is proud of their reputation for high quality products and services which has helped them build an impressive suite of top tier clients. Häfele Taiwan was established 20 years ago and has a solid foundation and reputation in the Taiwan market. They have recently undergone a business transformation updating their facilities, systems and product portfolio positioning Häfele Taiwan extremely well for a new Managing Director to lead them into a new phase of growth.
This Managing Director position will head up Häfele's business in Taiwan and report to the group's Managing Director in Germany. Key responsibilities will include:
- Full business responsibility (P&L, Balance Sheet, etc.) for Häfele Taiwan Ltd.
- Overall responsibility for the direct and distributor sales activities and administrative operation in Taiwan
- Setting up and expanding strong customer relationships through excellent customer service and follow-up on any customer issues
- Demonstration of creativity in terms of marketing and sales activities to build up the Häfele brand name in Taiwan
- Preparation of annual budget, ongoing monitoring against actual performance and preparation of forecasts
- Ongoing analysis and improvement of business processes and monitoring of effectiveness and profitability in the sales organisation
- Providing quick customer service, proposing solutions and supporting actively the sales representatives activities by leading by example
- Regular appraisal of sales representatives, development and maintenance of the sales representative organisation and qualifications
- Gathering customer information, maintaining a strong customer database and observing the market and the competition including proposal of counter measures
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have a strong career history in leading a sales organisation with an international company. You will be a driven and proven sales leader whom leads from the front and possesses strong commercial acumen, judgement skills and strategic level thinking. You will have a talent for people management, a desire to develop your team, be passionate about what you do and have an entrepreneurial mindset. You will have excellent communication skills including fluency in English (Chinese language skills are a plus but not mandatory). Experience within the furniture or furniture fittings industry will be highly regarded but is not essential.
What's on Offer
- A role with a high level of autonomy and full P&L responsibility for the Taiwan business
- A strong and stable platform with great opportunity to accelerate business growth
- Attractive salary package with profit share program
- Potential for future career opportunities within the Häfele group worldwide
- Sponsorship of employment visa if necessary
- and much more