Macro VBA Analyst - Financial Services
Great career progression
About Our Client
This company is an well-known international financial services which provides great opportunities to it's applicants.
- Analyse index review / management process and data and propose new solutions / templates, review, test and improve workflows.
- Work with colleagues to build POC's and requirements for the development of model libraries and frameworks including calculation modules, and data analysis tools.
- Work with colleagues to build new index review templates and procedures.
- Build tactical solutions (Python) and or VBA to eliminate manual processes from day to day workflows
- Support release processes including integration and testing processes to ensure quant code is seamlessly integrated within the groups IT systems.
- Document models, tactical solution, analysis and implementation, present results and feed into broader change / operational efficiency program.
- Using all available data sources, support the team in researching/analysing corporate actions and the respective impact on the indexes. Detailed research and analysis of review rebalancing, corporate event information and compilation of client notifications.
- Maintain and manage stock information and other required data in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring the highest quality to data.
- Escalate to line manager any issues/concerns and report exceptions in a timely manner.
- Accurate monitoring of real time indexes and timely resolution of issues.
- Supporting the periodic rebalance process of indexes and/or the associated implementation of any changes, in accordance with review schedule.
- Timely investigation and resolution of any client queries relevant to your role and areas of expertise.
- Participate as and when required in any projects or initiatives, supporting the on-boarding of new business into the team.
- Strive to constantly improve your skills through any training & development that is available.
- Support your line manager in any functions as and when required.
The Successful Applicant
- Good academic record and skills in a technical/numerical area (computing, engineering, mathematics, physics, programming, statistics, econometrics)
- 3+ years of experience working with data and data processes, experience within the financial industry, especially corporate actions and company data would be seen as a plus.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and manage workloads effectively in a pressured environment.
- A proven track record for achievement in delivering a high quality service.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic and responsive to change.
- Ability to produce high quality, accurate work, under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Logical and structured approach with a real passion for problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and motivational skills.
- Willingness to question and challenge the way things are done and to come up with novel alternative approaches.
- Effective written and spoken communication and presentation skills.
- Comfortable with flexible hours.
- Team player.
- Highly motivated.
What's on Offer
- Great career progression
- International exposure
- Competitive salary and benefits