- World leading MNC
- Competitive compensation-High above market average salary.
About Our Client
- Reputable MNC runs over hundred year
- Great culture & environment-providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive
- World leading in its industry
- Manage Regulatory Affairs. Monitor regulatory themes & development in Greater China which impact company. This includes card issuance/acquiring and payment systems regulation, consumer protection, AML, sanction, competition, data privacy and outsourcing laws. Analyse proposed changes to determine impact. Resolve issues of interpretation. Communicate impacts and recommended implementation steps proactively to the business and Compliance. Advise on implementation issues as required.
- Support Business Development. Support new product development work and business initiatives.
- Deals and Strategy. Support major deals and business strategy initiatives with creative, proactive and business outcomes-focused advice, including M&A matters, strategic alliances and the structuring and negotiation of critical deals.
- Manage Business Contracts. Draft, review, negotiate and amend all types of business contracts for the company. Provide advice and assistance to management on standard agreements and terms and conditions of business or business processes.
- Manage Dispute Resolution. Provide advice on and management of litigation, disputes and claims, whether as plaintiff or defendant. Try to seek constructive, "win-win" solutions in the interests of upholding the company brand and shareholder value.
- General. Provide general guidance and advice to management on legal entity governance, business structuring and all other legal and regulatory matters that arise in a Fortune 500 company.
- Reporting, administrative and GCO activities.
The Successful Applicant
- Fluent English & Chinese language skills. Both spoken and written, essential.
- Communication. First class oral and written communication skills, in particular the ability to analyze & explain complex legal matters clearly and concisely to non-specialists.
- Professional poise. Maintains grace under pressure and demonstrates the ability to impart discipline and calm to stressful situations. Holds their own in live discussions where differing views are expressed. A persuasive advocate who is not afraid to convey unwelcome messages yet lays out a path to practical solutions.
- A self-starter who takes ownership. Takes the initiative to learn and work independently rather than passively. Sees what needs to be done and then does it. Takes responsibility for understanding and solving problems.
- Qualified and admitted/licensed lawyer in Taiwan/US with at least 2-4 years post-qualification experience in financial services, banking or a related field. Top Tier Taiwan law firm experience and/or prior in-house experience with financial institution or multi-national corporation is preferred.
- Energetic and practical application of legal skills and knowledge to business situations and problems.
- Build effective relationships and credibility throughout the company.
- Manage workload by careful prioritization and personal organization.
- Stay abreast of developments in critical legal areas: payment systems & products, consumer protection, data privacy, AML, sanction etc.
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation-High above market average.
Great culture and working environment.
Work life balance.