Infrastructure Specialist (DBA)
Exciting Basic Salary
About Our Client
Our client is a Financial Services arm that provide products and services to local customers.
- You need to administer and maintain all activities associate with database management such as install, configure, upgrade, maintain, test, monitor, optimize and fine tune database/application servers's performance/ Perform analysis, troubleshoot database related issues, monitor, allocate and plan database storage capacity requirements.
- You will be part of infrastructure team to handle & provide after office hours on urgent incident support request/user support call.
- You are required to create, maintain and monitor end-of day scheduler jobs, perform end of day and month end system closing. Perform, monitor and ensure daily/weekly/monthly backup/replication or any restoration request is performed successfully. Monitor database/systems logs to proactively identify, report exception or error to minimise disruption and impact to the database/systems downtime.
- You are expected to setup, configure, implement & maintain Application/Database related Development/Test/Production environment. Perform objects/programs migration, deploy bug-fix script/programs, deployed security patches; prepare and review monthly object migration change management report/logs. Protect database against threats or unauthorised access. Create and maintain users' profiles and permissions.
- Besides that, you need to serve & being the in-house subject matter expert to participate in projects and evaluate database related solution/requirement, database requirement. To provide related advice, design, implement, managing database security/integrity, capacity, backup, replication, restore requirement and recommend improvements wherever is necessary.
- You are to participate in IT DR/BCP preparation, setup and simulation. Establish IT DR/BCP plans, determine, document and ensure database related policies, procedures and standards are up to date & enforce. Facilitate and interacts with internal and external audit engagement, collect the audit sampling requirements facilitate remediation based on agreed recommendation and associated risks pertaining to SOX, Global Information Security Group or any others corporate requirement. Periodical tracking and follow-up with relevant party to ensure audit and compliance gaps are addressed and rectified according to committed time-line.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent practical experience
- MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
- Minimum 5 years of technical hands-on experience in install, configure, administrate & maintain database/application server, Wintel & Linux Operating Systems & VMWare environment, database/system setup/backup/recovery/replication & restoration. User access management, implement and maintain database security & security patch deployment, perform end-of day and month end closing, maintain & monitor scheduler jobs and event logs, participate in IT DR/BCP setup and simulation, establish & maintain SOP/policy/procedure & documentation.
- Min. 2 years of experience as a database administrator to setup, administrate, maintain & fine-tune Oracle (ver 12C and above), MY SQL & MS SQL (ver 2 & above)
What's on Offer
You will be offered basic package of RM84,000 annually with non-monetary benefits. You will get a supportive team and manager for career progression.