Head of Legal - Multinational Consumer Brand
Acting as the top management team
Working for one of the most well known brands worldwide
About Our Client
Our client is one of the most renowned and profitable brands in the world, dedicating in cutting edge high end products.
- Provides independent strategic and tactical legal advice and support for entities, including the following areas of law: finance, insurance, corporate, contract, competition/antitrust, consumer, data protection and mergers & acquisitions.
- Acting as an excellent communicator and influencer with proven experience in senior stakeholder management.
- Drafts, reviews, negotiates and advises on a wide range of legal documents and topics.
- Supports stakeholders and takes an active role in negotiations of legal topics and legal documents with external business partners, public authorities and other external parties.
- Manages litigation.
- Be responsible for legal topics arising in reviews, audits and investigations (internal & external).
- Provides the proactive legal risk management strategy for entities, and aligns it with the relevant stakeholders to enable the company and its employees to comply with legal requirements, including laws and government regulations.
- Provides training (awareness & conduct) on relevant legal topics to the management and employees.
- Be responsible for legal knowledge management and development.
- Aligns and collaborates with the Group Compliance functions.
- Manages external lawyers and the legal budget in an efficient and cost effective manner.
The Successful Applicant
- University degree from a law school, LLB (Bachelor of Laws degree) or equivalent. LLM (Masters of Law degree) is an advantage.
- Admission to practice law in Taiwan/US/EU as a legal practitioner/lawyer. Admission to the bar in Taiwan/US/EU - holding (or eligibility to immediately obtain) a Taiwanese/US/EU practicing certificate.
- Minimum 7 years of legal working experience at (1) a legal department of a multinational company, (2) an international law firm or (3) a boutique law firm.
- Profound knowledge in the area of consumer protection law, regulations and judicature - for both Taiwan and other applicable jurisdictions.
- Mandarin as native language. Fluent in written and spoken English (negotiation level).
- Valid work permit in Taiwan is a MUST
What's on Offer
- Excellent remuneration
- Strong presence in the company
- Legal business partner