Head of Financial Reporting and Control - Banking
Attractive salary package
Great career progression
About Our Client
This company is an well-known bank which provide great career progression to their employees.
- Manage financial database and administer financial reporting with accuracy and timeliness. Ensure report in good integrity and adhere to the requirements set out by local regulators for TIFRS reporting as well as Group Accounting Policy and Group Management Policy for PRA/IFRS reporting. Respond requests and queries raised by local regulators, Group Finance Division, and business partners in a timely manner.
- Support Board, EXCO, ALCO and Chief Financial Officer in Taiwan business strategy development, strategy execution and business development in Taiwan market.
- Risk Management as Finance Risk Owner. Manage operational risk of the Finance function through all applicable policies and by serving as Risk Owner for operational risk sub-types under External Rules & Regulations including "Accounting & Financial Reporting", "Tax", "Regulatory Reporting- including prudential standards for Capital and Liquidity".
- Specific to the operational risk sub-types execute second line Risk Ownership responsibilities as outlined under the Operational Risk Framework (ORF) and associated policies and procedures including, but not limited to the following:
I. Ensure that required control standards are being met, by continuous monitoring of risk and control indicators.
II. Highlight and escalate (as required) where control standards are not being met, including highlighting control design deficiencies or gaps to Group Risk Owners.
III. Challenge and approve (where appropriate) first line risk identification, residual risk assessments and mitigation plan, taking into account changes to the internal and / or external environment.
IV. Review, challenge and support Risk Acceptance Requests request made by relevant Country Process Owner(s) for submission to the authorized risk acceptance authority.
V. Monitor 'live' risks, and jointly with first line owners, ensure that appropriate management action is being taken to mitigate their impact
- Review product programs and business initiatives. Ensure Group Policies are in good compliant and well documented.
- Coordinate financial audit initiated by KPMG and country GIA. Support internal Business Review, Group Audit and audit initiated by local regulators. Manage regulatory inspection process and maintain good relations with local authorities.
- Support projects, local or group, if there is any.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field required
- 12 or more years of accounting or audit working experience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to interact with stakeholders
- Analytical and problem-solving skill required
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, Mandarin
- Work experience in financial institutions or accounting firms in audit / tax areas preferable
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary package
- International exposure
- Great career progression