Head of Business (Tourism / Hospitality)
Exciting chance to be the first man of the new business
Sufficient resources from regional support
About Our Client
Mayflower maintain its position as the leading inbound tour operator, focusing on providing good customer service and maintaining world class travel infrastructure. Mayflower continued to adopt innovative marketing and promotional programs, and with Mayflower's extensive sales network globally serving more than 57 countries and supported by more than 500 foreign partners, the number of tourists arrival via Mayflower continued to increase. In line with the effort of the Ministry of Tourism, Malaysia is aggressively promoted by Mayflower as the world's preferred destinations for holidays and experiences. Mayflower has also leveraged on the Government Economic Transformation Plan (ETP) to increase tourists' influx from China, Middle East, India, Russia & Commonwealth of Independant States (CIS) countries.
- Ability to develop clear action plans and drive processes with numerous interdependencies.
- Develop, review, and report on the operations division's strategy, ensuring the strategic objectives are well understood and executed by the heads of department.
- Execute the responsibilities of a head of company according to lawful and ethical standards.
- Management of the overall business operations function including Information Technology, Finance and Human Resources.
- Ensure that the operations functions of the company are run effectively and efficiently so that each operational division performs in terms with their strategic plan, developmental plan and operational plan objectives.
- Maintain the administration, budgeting, monitoring, reporting, communication and liaison on all company affairs at a level acceptable to the management.
- Present a yearly budget for Management approval and prudently manages resources within those budget guidelines according to company policy and within ethical corporate governance guidelines.
- Management, monitoring, reporting and communication in regard to financial and physical resources, administration and budgeting.
- Maintain and develop organisational culture, values and reputation in its markets and with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies.
The Successful Applicant
- Graduated from college or above (preferably with a Bachelor Degree in Tourism and Hospitality) with at least 10 years working experience in travel and tour business.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to lead a team and to interact with people at all levels.
- Must meet qualification conditions per Regulations Governing Travel Agencies.
What's on Offer
- Great business opportunity from booming SEA market.
- Exciting chance to join the business as first man to set up the office by your idea.