GM (Marine & Offshore)
Significant role in the world's leading ship classification and testing company.
Strong global network of marine and offshore experts for leading this industry.
Bureau Veritas is one of the world's leading ship classification societies and offshore safety and verification bodies. They have been helping maritime industries innovate since 1828. Their 2,650 people worldwide work hand-in-hand with our clients to achieve safety and performance at sea.
- Drive profit & loss accountability and achieve the financial objectives for M&O activities in Taiwan.
- Identify strategic business activities and drive growth in Taiwan/
- Ensure compliance to Group and Marine & Offshore guidelines and procedures.
- Achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other objectives set by the company.
- Ensure and follow up the preparation of marketing plan with implementation.
- Maintain and establish a strong relationship with relevant business contacts.
- Drive the operational excellence, quality, and client satisfaction.
- Assessment of occupation rates and time spent of surveyors in order to assess and define possible restructuring/reorganization of Taiwan, as well as new action plan as Cyber Security etc.
- Liaise with OP&CS Director to maintain/improve quality system locally & to upgrade technical staffs' qualification to ensure complying with customer expectations.
- Regular follow up of posted tenders for ships in service and new building to be posted by the ship owners and to communicate with the commercial team of M&O NAZ and to send offers timely.
- Ensure for performing and regular reporting of customer satisfaction surveys, manage the customer satisfaction rating and follow up actions as per customer demands.
- Ensure for regular and effective communication with M&O NAZ management for further assistance and necessary action.
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars to local clients in liaison with OP&CS director.
The right candidate will be an inspirational leader and able to thrive in a fast-changing, high-pressure leadership role
- 10+ years experience in marine and offshore is preferred.
- Independent and solid experience in leading 10+ people teams size.
- Strong network in ship owner in Taiwan or other marine testing company.
- Excellent aptitude with numbers and analytical skills, strategic thinking, entrepreneurial mindset and commercial sense.
- Collaborate with appropriate internal and external partners, bringing them along on the journey.
- Good communication and presentation skills in English is a must.
Candidates who are eager to set up a milestone in his/her career to become a General Manager in Taiwan should not miss the opportunity to join this company.