- Work for a global power producer.
- Be responsible for supporting Projects in Asia
About Our Client
A global power producer dedicated to helping the clean energy transition by producing electricity from clean renewable resources.
- Responsible for preparing and managing project-level financial models for valuation, risk assessment, and cash flow evaluation purposes.
- Work closely with members of the Asia Development team to originate, structure, and execute on commercial and strategic initiatives, including joint development opportunities, project acquisitions, and platform opportunities, with emphasis on wind and solar power generation.
- Responsible for reviewing and stress testing financial models prepared by third parties and advisors.
- Assist in the coordination of due diligence, including: preparing questions for company management and external advisors, reviewing documentation, researching industry information, supporting the coordination of internal and external terms, and summarizing results.
- Assist in the growth of the Asia development team by taking initiative for a variety of internal tasks.
- Responsible for writing investment memorandums and preparing presentations summarizing key findings from internal and external sources.
- Accountable for translating financial analysis into concise recommendations.
- Review market data and financial statements to identify possible acquisition targets and prepare models to value possible acquisition benefits.
- Gather relevant information through communication with external organizations, colleagues and the use of electronic information providers.
- Research and analyze financial statements, industry information, technical and financial data to present conclusions to team members.
- Liaise and communicate with corporate departments in support of project development.
- Support various reporting and administrative requirements as required.
- As requested on an ad hoc basis, contribute to a variety of special projects.
The Successful Applicant
- 2-3 years of investment banking, private equity, management consulting, or other transaction-related experience, preferably with a background in power and renewables, or infrastructure;
- Business undergraduate degree (Economics or Finance) or related field, with exceptional academic results;
- Masters of Finance, CFA, ACA, or other advanced designations considered an asset;
Strong understanding of applied investment and valuation methodologies;
- Demonstrated experience valuing corporate or project-level acquisition opportunities;
- Experience creating and reviewing detailed cash flow and three-statement financial models;
- Strong technical/computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Bloomberg);
- Proven ability to think strategically and to translate complex financial inputs into concise financial analysis and recommendations;
- Strong oral and written English communication skills, including the ability to interact with diverse internal and external stakeholders and counterparties;
What's on Offer
Be responsible for supporting Projects in Asia.