- Fortune 500 listed in Retail Brands and Information Technology Solutions
- Excellent career progression opportunities
About Our Client
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company's products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 32,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion.
Avery Dennison Retail Branding and Information Solutions (RBIS), a global leader in apparel and footwear industry solutions, is a $1.6 billion division of Avery Dennison. We provide intelligent creative and sustainable solutions that elevate brands and accelerate performance throughout the global retail supply chain. We elevate brands through graphic tickets, tags and labels, embellishments and packaging solutions that enhance consumer appeal. We accelerate performance through radio frequency identification (RFID)-enabled inventory, loss prevention solutions, price management, global compliance and brand security solutions. Based in Westborough, Massachusetts, Avery Dennison RBIS responsibly serves the global marketplace with operations in 115 locations and 50 countries, across six continents.
As the Fabric Specialist, you are responsible for building relationship with the key fabric mills globally and collecting new fabric trends and finishings. You will be responsible for checking the application of our external Embellishments on the fabrics and analysis the failures.
Working closely with the innovation and Product Line Management teams you will identify and evaluate market trends and support developing new application methods and processes.
In your role as Fabric specialist you will need to fully understand the fabric constructions and challenges and help developing a better fabric knowledge within the RBIS organisation. Utilize this expertise to strategically create value, develop market insight that can help growing our External Embellishment strategy.
You will be responsible for articulating global Fabric insights, trends, and innovations and understand on how those will impact the applications of the External embellishment.
The Fabric specialist role is focused on the improving the performance of our Supply Chain to achieve service excellence and optimize inventory levels to support business objectives. This role will work cross-functionally within Application Engineering, Operations, PLM and technical innovation. Ability to work cross-functional, influence others and knowledge of fabric manufacturing processes are key In your role as Fabric specialist.
● Expertise in fabric ( Knit or woven) manufacturing, including trends/insights, external market drivers and ecosystem
● Develop a wider fabric & finishing knowledge within our GPD and Application engineering teams around the world
● Partner with main fabric mills to understand the trends
● Create a fabric database with all different application conditions and failures
● Help evaluating new application systems/ developments with the main fabric mills
● Collaborate with the ADX labs to develop the correct adhesion system for our External Embellishment
● Execute plan to deliver against goals and measure quarterly results against plan
● In-depth knowledge of fabric constructions
● Understanding of innovation and design techniques used fabric industry
● Knowledge of the fabric ecosystem; factories, finishing houses, manufacturing processes
● Strong industry wiring with knowledge of fabric manufacturing
● Ability to interpret category trends into relevant branding and labeling solutions & products
● Creative presentations to internal/external category stakeholders including industry speaking opportunities
The Successful Applicant
● Bachelor's Degree required, chemical engineering/ material science is preferred
● 5+ years in the fabric manufacturing industry
● Self-starter, takes initiative, and has an entrepreneurial spirit that is able to work independently and collaboratively
● Ability to understand and create value; demonstrated track record developing and executing new business ventures
● Strong influencing skills, public speaking skills and ability to champion projects both cross functionally and vertically within the organization
● Management experience, international exposure preferred
● Bachelor's degree required
● 5+ years related business experience, emphasizing sales, business development and marketing desired
● Demonstrated success in cross-regional projects or initiatives
● Experience in fabric industry, with practical experience in researching new opportunities and Implementing successful account penetration
● Excellent organizational and people skills,, with an ability to openly convey information to team members in a timely, concise manner
● Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, Google Suite tools and function specific software.
● Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills in English
● Fabric industry relationships
What's on Offer
If you are an expert in fabric industry and looking for a new challenge, feel free to contact us for more details!