Enterprise Data Governance - APAC Leader
APAC region coverage
About Our Client
Our client is NYSE listed company that is the world's leading source of commercial information and insight on businesses, enabling companies to make commercial decision.
1. Understand the external regulatory and competitive landscape within APAC and the potential impact on the company. Collaborate with the broader team and Legal Department to ensure positive outcomes for the company.
2. Monitor the effectiveness of internal policy, process and controls required to ensure compliance with internal policies and external regulatory requirements within the APAC region.
3. Influence a positive compliance culture within APAC, by enabling team members to easily understand what polices impact them and what actions they need to take to ensure compliance.
4. Provide confidence to external stakeholders, such as APAC customers and regulators, on ability to properly govern its data
5. Review and assess Strategic initiatives within APAC to ensure they are complaint with data policies, external data regulations and commercial data commitments.
6. Play a key role in the running of the Data Governance Office function in APAC, supporting requests for support from global team members and supporting the Global Data Stewardship program.
7. Partner with other Data Governance Office leaders to ensure execution of Privacy Impacts Assessments (PIAs) are conducted as required and within the timelines needed within the APAC region.
8. Ensure all data acquisition activities within the APAC region are done so according to policy.
9. Handle communications within APAC regarding strategic plans and training.
10. Accountable for leveraging needed resources to ensure business terms and definitions pertaining to APAC platforms and systems are captured and governed within Collibra, Enterprise Data Governance tool. This would be done in partnership with the stewardship pillar.
11. Collaborate with key global partners (e.g. Legal, Security, GS&P, Delivery, Compliance, LOB's) to ensure cross functional alignment on APAC data related initiatives.
12. Represent APAC in efforts to modernize the Data Governance Office within APAC and support regional compliance efforts.
13. Represent in conversations involving APAC WWN partners.
The Successful Applicant
1. Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree a plus
2. 10+ years of experience in Data Management and Data Governance disciplines
3. Extensive specific data understanding is a plus
4. Extensive knowledge of APAC Data Regulations
5. Demonstrates intimate knowledge of data quality, data governance and master data management practices and principles
6. Confident with modern technology, highly proficient in MS Office.
7. Confidence in influencing and leadership skills
8. Excellent communication (verbal, written, listening) and engagement skills
9. Able to distil and communicate the key messages from large amounts of data and info quickly and in visual representation that simplify the message to enable any audience to comprehend the message
10. Demonstrated problem solving skills
What's on Offer
1. APAC region converage
2. Great package offering