Director of Project Execution/Engineering/Construction-Taipei
Regional Management Role, lead a team including project execution, proposal, e
Key position to develop the business and project execution strategy in Taiwan
About Our Client
The company is a prominent gas and chemical provider based in the US. It provides a variety of products to different industries and is one of the companies listed in DJSI. The company is now dedicated to innovating new solutions that can both satisfy the clients and at the same time reduce the damage to the environment.
- Lead the team including engineering, proposal, project management and construction management functions (total 40 people) to support project development and execution to ensure on time delivery of project deliverables, competitive bids with high quality line by line estimates and drive for consistency in deploying competitive solutions and strategies to enable expanding existing business.
- Regularly check and review with project managers and construction managers to ensure the projects are closed out in time, within budget, meet the required quality and are reported out on monthly and quarterly basis using the right methodology.
- Bridge between the local team and the regional project execution team, customers, vendors, and/or JV Partners to ensure adequate and effective communication
- Provide direct coaching to team members in setting the project execution strategy, working process, project control tools application, and other critical skills. Ensure training compliance and retain key talents within the organization.
- Maintain close relationship with other business group, participate the group activities and communicate the policy/ event message. Attend business and leadership review meeting to report Taiwan project execution status with project stakeholders as requested.
- Supervise the group daily administrative work, ensure the organization is running smoothly, issues/concerns/problems are addressed. The role also needs to oversee the local proposal development team and support proposal manager in the bidding activities
The Successful Applicant
- Experienced in gas, chemical/refinery or related industry
- Experienced in project, engineering and construction management. Understand the details in EPC project execution
- Have experience in people management such as coaching, development, communication, team building, setting goals, performance review etc.
- Good presentation, reporting and communication skills with cross functions
- Fluent in both Mandarin and English
What's on Offer
- Chances to lead a team with 40 people in a prominent company in the industry
- Great people management opportunity and excellent package