Data Analyst - Financial Services
Great career progression
About Our Client
This company is an well-known international financial services company which provide great career progression to it's applicants.
- Create & Document methodologies behind analytics in conjunction with Research and external clients
- Specify requirements and collaborate closely with Technology on implementation of analytics.
- Test output of data derivations ensuring Accuracy of calculations.
- Wrangle data from internal & external sources into standardized data models.
- Create and monitor quality control checks on raw & derived data.
- Ensuring high quality, complete derived data content is created and provided for use in index builds and other products.
- Respond to client questions in an efficient and timely manner, providing root cause and action plans where necessary to prevent future reoccurrence of issues.
- Assisting in the production of regular reports and in new product development.
- Produce data visualizations and data quality reports to management and stakeholders.
- Clear documentation of technical requirements around analytics to ensure smooth implementation in partnership with technology.
- Deliver clear and accurate analysis to facilitate stakeholder discussions.
- Build trust with stakeholders by consistently understanding and fulfilling stakeholder requests in an accurate, timely and professional manner.
- Continuously adopt a pragmatic, flexible and responsive approach.
- Create robust and repeatable processes to continuously deliver high quality output.
- Suggest change and innovation to enhance current methods of working.
- Working with teams in multiple locations simultaneously, in an iterative and collaborative manner.
- Maintain constructive and supportive working relationships with stakeholders across the group.
- Demonstrate and practice adherence to internal controls and standards in data management, and document management and production (e.g. keeping appropriate records, following processes and using mandated tools, etc.).
The Successful Applicant
- Strong understanding of accounting principles, and fundamental and valuation analysis
- Demonstrated experience with market data, including procedures of corporate action treatments, currency changes & common market identifiers
- Solid understanding of data management theories with 3-5 years practical experience, including managing and monitoring data from common third party vendors (eg Thomson Reuters, Bloomberg or Factset)
- Strong computer literacy, including advanced knowledge of the MS Office suite of products, 1 or 2 programming languages (R, Python), Database querying language (SQL) and a willingness and skill to learn new tools quickly
- Client focused with a good understanding of typical workflows within Investment Managers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; proven ability to work within a team
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
What's on Offer
- International exposure
- Great career progression