Country Finance Lead - Multinational Pharmaceutical Company
Newly created headcount
Be part of the country top management team
About Our Client
Our client is the leading company in Oncology treatment in the pharmaceutical industry, recently launched in Taiwan.
- Provides robust and objective financial analysis with interpretation and recommendations to the GM in support of decisions
- Supervises and ensures timely and accurate execution of all finance functional tasks (e.g. long range plans, budget and financial forecasts, quarter end close, business reviews, statutory reporting, taxation, treasury, internal audit, financing, payment operations) and explain external/internal situation to HQ accounting team
- Proactively manages operating expenses to help deliver profitability in conjunction with GM and Management Team
- Provide effective financial and business decision support to affiliate operations across all functions.
- Lead commercial strategic planning in conjunction with GM
- Drives budget process, financial analysis, financial analysis and reporting & consolidation into HQ accounting team
- Ensures implementation and adherence to corporate and local policies
- Leads or takes part in local projects such as business systems implementations and process improvements
- Aware of and works within company policies and industry guidelines
- Monitors contracts (insurances, leases, rent, etc)
- Other functions and duties that may be assigned
- Collaborating with Tax authority and outsourcing Accounting firm/Law firm on statutory audit, business operations audit, transfer price.
- Check the finance receivables as collateral, the inventory, working capital.
- Reconcile complex accounts and check the accuracy of journal entries to ensure that the general ledger is accurate and complete.
- These activities include profit and loss statements, balance sheets, TP(Transfer Price), depreciation statements, cash flow, regulatory reports and filings. Also manage accounts payable and receivable; general ledger maintenance; financial analysis and reporting; budgeting, revenue, and asset accounting.
- Lead tax/tariff-related activities in accordance with the tax strategy to ensure the organization meets its tax obligations and objectives.
- Activities may include: tax planning; research; compliance; reporting and filings; auditing; and communicating with external tax agencies.
- Ensure all tax returns, tax declarations, and other required reports are submitted accurately and on time.
The Successful Applicant
- 7+ years' experience in Finance roles, including exposure to managing financial operations and statutory reporting and exposure to major accounting systems
- Experience in Finance including performance reporting, planning, systems utilization
- General business knowledge (e.g., industry, finance, applicable laws, tax, insurances)
- Track record of successfully establishing and maintaining cross functional business processes
- Fluency in English, both in oral and written communication
- Experience in cross functional business partnering and influencing without authority both locally and in global teams
- Experience in a highly regulated industry
- Experience in leading a Finance & Administration function in a matrix and international environment
- Experience with SAP
- Excellent skills in MS Excel and MS Powerpoint
- Strong self-management skills: planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management, project management and plan execution
- Business professional with capacity to grow and learn, self aware, emotionally intelligent.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity -delivering results through periods of uncertainty and without formal authority of teams
- Ability to effectively execute across a global, matrixed organization by managing and influencing stakeholders
- Tenaciously delivers on commitments and manages complex processes to deliver on deadline
- Ability to challenge the status quo and offer analytical thinking that results in effective problem solving and process improvement
- Strong communication skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing at all levels
- Collaborates, negotiates and persuades others, both internally and externally
- Demonstrates a strong customer focus in all activities
- Analyses complex problems; integrates business awareness and technical knowledge to develop recommendations
- Learns quickly; motivates others to adapt quickly to new systems, processes and tools
- Ability to represent the company and function internally and externally
What's on Offer
- Excellent remuneration package
- Working for the top player in Pharma Industry
- Acting as part of the top management team in the country