Business Development Manager-Clinical Trial Logistics
Attractive and above average sales incentive with no cap
Potential capacity to assume a bigger leadership role as Head of BD
Marken is a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS.
Marken is the only patient-centric supply chain organization 100% dedicated to the pharmaceutical and life sciences industries. Marken maintains the leading position for Direct to Patient services and biological sample shipments and offers a state-of-the-art GMP-compliant depot network and logistic hubs in 48 locations worldwide for clinical trial material storage and distribution. More than 900 Marken staff members manage 55,000 drug and biological shipments every month at all temperature ranges in more than 150 countries. Additional services such as biological kit production, ancillary material sourcing, storage and distribution, shipment lane verification and qualifications, as well as GDP, regulatory and compliance consultancy add to Marken's unique position in the pharma and logistics industry.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for building up his/ her defined territory and/ or defined accounts. Meeting these objectives includes the identification of potential accounts and opportunities, the formulation of specific account strategies, and the implementation of tactics that primarily result in new sales in such a way that relationships are developed which ensure achievement of individual sales target and on-going business opportunities with a broad base of customers to sustain short and long term business growth objectives.
What you should do:
- Meet or exceed quarterly and yearly goals for assigned accounts, territory or are.
- Focus on growth of existing business and new customer sales by meeting business goals set by management.
- Grow and maintain existing customer base through Customer Service and full understanding of client needs to develop proposals and presentations that demonstrate company competitive advantage.
- Lead and provide business support to client specific Operational team(s) of to ensure end-to-end customer satisfaction and accuracy of all jobs pertaining to clients' accounts assigned.
- Facilitate client contracts, CDA's (Confidential Disclosure Agreement), MSA's (Master Service Agreement) and Technical Agreements.
- Track and communicate job win/loss ratios & pursuit metrics for all assigned accounts on a daily basis by using internal systems, e.g. salesforce.
- Monitor and communicate client pipelines to senior management including: Identify potential new clients and develop strategies to present company's capabilities.
- Conduct market research and trend analysis reporting for all assigned and prospective accounts (and also report to internal Marketing and Senior Management team).
- Apply Good Manufacturing Principles (GMP), Good Distribution Practices (GDP), Good Clinical Practices (GCP) and other relevant GXP in all areas of responsibility.
- Take the lead to identify, evaluate, negotiate, and manage partnerships that can involve marketing, commerce, and technology components.
- Develop ideas for merchant campaigns, managing campaigns process and execution. e.g. Attending trade shows/ exhibitions, workshops and seminars.
- 5 years working experience with minimum 3 years' experience within the Logistics, Clinical Supply or Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Proven 3 years' experience in sales / BD.
- Experienced or/and have strong connection with CRO, CMO (especially local clients).
- Proactive and self-motivated to facilitate effective internal and external working relationships and gain acceptance of proposals with clients.
- Highly developed negotiation skills, presentation skills and writing abilities to meet and response the complex Requests for Information/ Proposals (RFI/ RFP).
- Maintain a superior knowledge of the CRO industry, competitors and target clients by expert level understanding and anticipation of client needs.
- Innovative thought processes and ideas which suggest new service offerings which may lead to new and improved revenue opportunities for the business as well as a competitive advantage for the company.
- Maintain and extend a network of senior decision making contacts within target client companies.
- Attractive and above average sales incentive with no cap.
- Potential capacity to assume a bigger leadership role as Head of Business Development in the near future.