Great working environment
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest and most well-known companies in Financial Service industry
- Manage activities of staff (i.e., hires, trains, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines)
- Supervise the Accounting operations, preparation of financial statements, month and year end closing procedures, and reconciliations
- Ensure that all financial information is recorded in accordance with GAAP and Federal and State regulations and consistent with established Company policy and procedures
- Review, recommend and train staff on account reconciliations, journal entries and accounting
- Prepare account reconciliations for any accounts on an ad-hoc basis as needed
- Coordinate the month-end close process, for example, prepare journal entries, review journal entries, assist in gathering information, etc.
- Plan and assist with internal and external audits
- Document accounting processes and procedures to ensure they comply with Company guidelines and recommend improvements as noted
- Recommend improvements to process flows, processes and procedures
- Act as liaison with other departments and external parties concerning accounting information of subsidiary and other assigned areas
- Participate in accounting projects as necessary, for example, accounting for acquisitions, facility closings, conversion issues, etc.
The Successful Applicant
- Fully-proficient in the English language both verbally and written.
- Must be able to travel 20% travel expectations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of five years of experience
- Expert knowledge of public accounting principles and practices
- Strong critical thinking skills, using logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions to problem
- Demonstrated supervisory experience necessary for training, motivating and directing staff, and successfully leading team-based projects
- Fully proficient in MS suite including Excel
- Ability to make accurate, independent decisions based on data provided
- Ability to understand the financial impact of decisions made and balance them with customer satisfaction
- Must be proactive, detailed and results oriented, and able to set priorities
- Minimum of one year of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of Oracle Financial software
- Retail Banking Industry experience
- CPA or equivalent Certification
What's on Offer
- Attractive remuneration
- Great working environment