Field Bioinformatics Scientist (Life science)
- 3+ years experience in Bioinformatics
- Fluent English with good customer facing skill
World leader in serving science. We enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer by providing analytical instruments, equipment, reagents and consumables, software and services for research, analysis, discovery and diagnostics.
- Provide bioinformatics assistance to Singapore, SEA and Taiwan
- Assist customers with data analysis and trouble shooting of data.
- Develop BioFx pipelines and tools in accordance with LT recommendations
- Development of standard operating procedures, documentation, software/web tools and databases and scripts
- Integration of diverse bioinformatics tools for NGS customers use
- Support of our next generation sequencing platforms through the analysis of experimental results, and the development of analysis tools for specific customer applications
- Operating and managing pipelines for data analysis and platform support across our regional NGS customers
- Identify and automate repetitive tasks to enhance data retrieval, manipulation, analysis, and to ensure the quality of the sequencing data.
- Pre-/post-sales support utilizing bioinformatics presentations and demonstration of capability
- Development of presentations depicting results of NGS data analysis that may be utilized by marketing and product management
- Additional responsibilities may include:
- Development of software/web tools and databases to provide access to the data and analysis results
- Development of standard operating procedures, documentation, and scripts to generate custom reports
- Integration of diverse bioinformatics tools our customers use
- Application of statistic, visualization and data mining tools
- Interacting with external collaborators to obtain or provide data
- Competitor intelligence including NGS bioinformatics trend back to IPAC
- Contribute to demo data set validation and documentation (script, process, education)
- Develop Biofx Customer training material (creation, curation, review)
- Develop custom script for specific customer request
- Knowledge and skills normally acquired through completion of a PhD in Computational Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Statistics, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 3-4 years of directly related experience from the qualifications above.
- Hands-on experience with the relevant sequence analysis tools
- An excellent understanding of genomic databases and their annotations (GenBank, RefSeq, ENSEMBL, dbSNP)
- Demonstrated computer skills including proficiency with a scripting language (e.g. Perl, BioPerl, Python) in a Linux and Windows environment
- A good understanding of the biology behind genotyping, gene expression profiling, and genetic mapping, familiarity with the basis of nucleic acid structure and folding, and an appreciation of the use of statistical methods and mathematical models in the interpretation of biological data is highly desirable.
- Software and algorithm development skills (e.g. in C/C++/Java/Matlab), familiarity with statistical analysis tools (e.g. R, S-Plus, SAS), database development experience (Oracle, SQL, XML), related industry experience, and a record of publications, are pluses.
- Customer focus
- MSc or Ph. D. in a scientific discipline (Computational molecular biology or population genomics preferred). Completion of an advanced degree in science is strongly desired.
- Competitive salary package including fixed 14 months guarantee salary and performance bonus.
- Opportunity of regional exposure in the future.
- Stable business.
- Comfortable working environment.