Once a satellite city of the Taipei metropolitan area, Taoyuan has developed rapidly into a major city in its own right. Because of its proximity and short commute to Taipei, Taoyuan has had the fastest-growing population of any city in Taiwan.
The general Taiwanese employment landscape is looking positive: in the recent 2016 Michael Page Greater China Salary & Employment Outlook, 81% of employer1 reported that they would either maintain or increase headcount in the following year. Employers were forecasting an increase in salaries of 1-5%2. However, many professionals are looking to mainland China for higher salaries and greater opportunities.
Many hiring markets across Taiwan are currently candidate-driven, with demand for quality talent outstripping supply in procurement and supply chain, finance and technology. This means that experienced professionals in Taoyuan are in demand across these industries.
The Taoyuan job market
Taoyuan is widely regarded as one of the top technology and industrial cities of Taiwan and now boasts 29 registered industrial parks. Over 200 of the top 500 manufacturing companies are also based in Taoyuan, and the city leads Taiwan’s industrial output.
In addition, many tech companies have either built or expanded factories in Taoyuan, and the area is now regarded as a key player in the global electronics market. Local businesses in Taiwan are being forced to compete with businesses across the region in the fight for talent, and many are now required to pay a premium salary for professionals with strong experience.
Skilled professionals in Taoyuan will be in a strong position to find jobs, with employers seeking the best candidates to help grow the business. Taiwan is the fifth-largest economy in Asia, and many companies require skilled employees to help them reach their targets and goals for continued growth – and Taoyuan salary packages reflect this growth.
Taoyuan recruitment information
If you’re looking for Taoyuan job opportunities, no matter what your industry or role type, we have a few tips that will help you secure your next role:
- When updating your resume, review your work experience to see if it can be expanded or tailored for the role you’re applying to. Always look for errors to make sure you resume is clean and clearly laid out.
- Take a look at what salary rates are like for your role in Taoyuan. This will be useful when it comes time to negotiate a salary with a new employer.
- Speak to a recruiter about your options. They will be able to assist you with information about the latest job opportunities in your field.
- Before attending the interview, thoroughly research the company on their website and and social media pages. Use this to show your engagement and curiosity in the interview.
- Prepare a list of questions to ask during the interview that shows that you’ve researched the business and its industry thoroughly, and have knowledge of what challenges they might face. Show interest in the role by asking questions about responsibilities and tasks.
- Before accepting a job offer, consider what matters to you in a role (for instance, opportunities for career advancement in the future, good pay, cultural fit, opportunities for networking, or work-life balance).
To find out more about jobs in your area, start browsing jobs in Taoyuan.
1. Based on the Michael Page 2016 Greater China Salary & Employment Outlook
2. Based on the Michael Page 2016 Greater China Salary & Employment Outlook