You are here
Vice President of Software Engineering
- Excellent start up company looking to grow their Software R&D team
- Great compensation provided and work in Cloud/iOT/Mobile products!
About Our Client
Deepblu is an exciting venture backed, early stage start-up focused on building a social platform specifically for diving enthusiasts across the globe. The Deepblu Web and App platforms allow users to connect with other divers, share their diving experiences, discover new dive sites and help plan their next diving adventure.
Deepblu is also the creator of the COSMIQ, the latest innovation in diving computer technology. COSMIQ is a multi-purpose diving companion that works with the Deepblu App, making dive log creation as quick and painless as a tap of a button. The DiveLink wifi SD card accessory seamlessly integrates photos and videos from your dive sessions directly into your digital dive logs, making them ready to be shared with your friends within moments.
The company is founded by a core team of diving enthusiasts with professional backgrounds spanning across various tech sectors. Our mission is to build a community where divers can connect with each other and have fun sharing their experiences. Our hardware innovations empower divers to easily capture their diving experience so they have more time on the important stuff such as planning your next dive trip.
- Manage a team of software engineers in Taiwan.
- Review and evaluate marketing requirements, Technical/Product requirements, Business requirements, and drive alignment and approval across functions and organisation.
- Working directly with mobile computing device product management, cloud based service planning, monitoring, data analysis and some hardware development involving.
- Responsible for meeting projects, programs, scorecard goals and customer commitments.
- Builds effective, high performance cross-functional teams and provides ongoing performance feedback to functional management to improve quality and cycle time in product development
- Organisation management including planning, budget oversight/management, and talent management.
- Back up the development roles in the team members.
The Successful Applicant
- Masters or Undergraduate degree (M.C.S / M.E.E / M.S.E.E), with at least 10 years of relevant experience in multiple disciplines of the following
- Database development and design with SQL / MySQL / MangoDB
- Linux/Unix and Windows programming with C, C++ and JAVA
- Scripting experience in Perl, Python, or shell
- PHP frameworks.
- RWD page design in Reactjs or related language.
- Mobile programming environment in Xcode with Object C, Eclipse and Android Studio with JAVA,
- Markup languages: XML, HTML
- Understanding of middleware and messaging concepts
- Machine Communication: GPIO, serial, I2C, and SPI
- End user GUI design
- Web interface best practices
- Source code management best practices
- Saas and platform planning and analysis in globe scale.
- Strong Intellectual capacity with excellent technology/engineering skills relating to industrial applications including design, test and quality.
- Excellent understanding of business goals and objectives as they relate to customer use cases and solutions.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills driving cross functional alignment
- Strong Cross-functional team management, strong interpersonal skills and adaptive communication style.
- Ability to view situations objectively from different perspectives.
- Ability to frame situations and make/drive decisions.
- Ability to resolve Complex problems, drive for results, innovate, think and lead strategically.
What's on Offer
- Be a part of a fast growing start up with clear direction working on IOT products
- Excellent salary package and career progression
- A chance for candidates to utilise their years of experience and bring leadership and engineering ideas to a new R&D team
- Work an excellent team of C-level members of Deepblu as well as manager up to 15 members of software R&D members
- Work on both device software as well as mobile and web platforms to and develop a social community online for divers
- Their product is already sold throughout APAC