You are here
Sales and Operations Director
- Business leader role with full P&L responsibility
- Career opportunity at multinational corporation
About Our Client
A diversified multinational corporation, our client holds the exclusive dealership for distributing products for a market-leading equipment manufacturer and engine producer in the Taiwan market. They provide sales and after-sales services across a wide-ranging product portfolio to a diverse mix of industry verticals. This division has seen significant growth across the region and now employs over 2,000 people. The successful applicant will enjoy a rewarding and diverse career at the group.
The sales and operations director will take on the operational responsibility for distributing products, including construction and earthmoving equipment, and diesel and gas engines, within Taiwan, from a leading global manufacturer. The position reports to the COO of the business regionally and holds full P & L responsibility for the business in Taiwan. The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for 10 direct reports and 150+ team members in total
- Drive sales and distribution for all products and services in the Taiwan market while delivering against the company's strategic goals and vision.
- Develop the business' approach to market trends by using new and established channels, including ecommerce mediums
- Create an approach and environment of cohesion to capitalise on cross and up-selling opportunities to maximise revenue streams
- Lead from the front in driving effective client retention activities and new customer acquisition
- Train, develop and coach existing and new team members to improve operational efficiency
- Provide and drive a safe working environment for staff and visitors
- Work with regional stakeholders to develop group-level relationships
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven track record in running sales and operational teams
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in maximising output from sales, after-sales, engineering and customer service functions alike
- An impressive track record of effective P&L management
- Solid experience in an international environment within industrial sectors including construction, industrial, automation or manufacturing
- The ability to work with internal and external stakeholders across a wide range of functions and industries including customers, government, suppliers and investors
- The skills to improve the business, strengthening weaknesses and innovating with new concepts or approaches
- The genuine ability to work autonomously and be 'self-driven' to excel in this remote role
- A 'can do' attitude and is willing to be 'hands on' despite the senior level remit of the position
- Exceptional oral and written English skills. Chinese fluency is desirable but not essential. However, the post-holder must be adaptable to working in a Taiwanese culture that involves daily staff, industry partner/peer and local customer interaction.
- Excellent communication skills, with the patience and resilience to work with stakeholders from a wide range of countries and cultures
What's on Offer
Fantastic opportunity to work in an autonomous leadership role offering a competitive salary and benefits package. Our client is able to offer rewarding and diverse career opportunities to ambitious and mobile professionals.