You are here
National Sales Manager
- Working With Market Leading Product With Strong R&D
- Working For a MNC That Values Work Life Balance
About Our Client
Our client is a multinational distributor with focus in pharmaceutical industry. They represent some of the world's top brands and continuously invest in resources to strive for brand success. They are currently looking for a National Sales Manager to lead their rare disease product line.
- Responsible for leading, teaching, motivating and inspiring a team of Professional Sales Representatives (PSR) to achieve or exceed sales objectives in their assigned geographic territory
- Leads PSR in the analysis of opportunities and supports development of account plans with marketing, promotional, and educational resources and ensures their execution
- A member of Business Unit Leadership team and leads agreed cross Business Unit projects and work streams.
- Works closely with cross-functional colleagues (e.g. marketing, medical affairs, diagnostic specialist, market access) to gain support, input to initiatives, give feedback about the business
- Takes ownership to lead projects as required to improve operational effectiveness, customer service and employee engagement
- Creates and sustains effective partnerships with key customers and thought-leaders in the therapy area
- Develops teamwork amongst PSRs, reinforces company culture and principles, fosters an environment to share best practice and give feedback
- Conducts regular business reviews with management to ensure attainment of company sales objectives, alignment of goals, and personal development plans of employees
- Conducts regular field visits and business reviews with PSRs and customer visits to ensure that programmes and messages are being implemented and commitments are followed through
- Provides regular written and verbal feedback following customer and field visits that address and support both business development and career development needs of the PSR.
- Ensures utilisation of systems to support activity planning and recording, up to date customer lists and segmentation, full pipeline knowledge
- Management of sales budget ensuring effective allocation
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and policies e.g. pharmacovigilance reporting, medical information requests, including approval of all team activities (e.g. speaker requests, meetings approval)
The Successful Applicant
- BA or MA in Pharmaceutical or Business related degrees
- Significant sales experience in pharmaceutical industry, with biotech or specialist sales experience essential
- Proven track record of success as a sales leader, with respect to sales results and people leadership
- Experience of developing and implementing salesforce operational excellence initiatives and systems to drive superior sales results, e.g. account management, in-call excellence
- Experience of product launches an advantage for some roles
- Experience in rare disease, oncology or specialty drugs preferred.
- Demonstrates strong in-depth clinical, technical and scientific knowledge in specialist disease areas
What's on Offer
- Excellent salary package
- Chance to lead a team
- Rare disease TA
- Work life balance