You are here
Finance Analyst - Global fund house
- Chances to frequently work with people all over Asia-Pacific.
- Competitive salary package.
About Our Client
Our client, the Taiwan branch of a New-York-based financial service company, specializes in securities investment consulting services for global institutions, advisors and individuals. Our client is also a master agent for 5 offshore funds registered with the SFB in Taiwan and has signed up more than 30 distributors, including some of Taiwan's leading banks, insurance and securities companies.
- Day to day financial control of the Taiwan entity.
- On-board all outsourced accounting processes from external vendors.
- General ledger postings, journal entries and month end reconciliations.
- Accounts payable and staff expenses.
- Reporting and production of management information.
- Manage relationships with local external vendors, including banking, audit and tax.
- Ensure compliance with all finance related regulatory requirements, including audit, tax and capital.
- Proactively identify improvements to accounting systems and internal controls.
- Provide assistance to the Asia and US finance teams on an ad-hoc basis.
- Maintenance of certain onshore fund accounting procedures.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related subjects, with recognised accounting qualification or qualified by experience.
- Financial services experience is essential, including good understanding of direct and indirect taxes, experience of key balance sheet accounts (fixed assets and prepayments), familiar with cost centres and group structure matrices (including inter-companies).
- Organized, numerate, and methodical with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage conflicting demands with minimal supervision.
- Able to communicate clearly in verbal and written form with all levels of seniority.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Good team player, enthusiastic and proactive.
- Able to create and develop strong relationships with all parties, both internal and external.
- Good English essential.
- Computer skills: Proficient Excel skills, including pivot tables and other common functions. Working knowledge of SAP and/or business objects an advantage.
What's on Offer
Transparent and flat organizational structure.