You are here
- Strategic Role Within A Multinational Japanese Pharmaceutical MNC
- A Country Leadership Role With Matrix Reporting Line
About Our Client
Our client is a multinational pharmaceutical company with HQ based in Japan. They established their affiliate in Taiwan some 60 years ago and gradually evolved into a globalised management style. They are well known for an open minded culture and strive for best business practice. They are now looking for an experienced Compliance Director to join their team.
- Effective leadership of enhancing compliance culture locally, including accountability and consequences for non-compliance.
- Effectively implementing the global compliance standard and carrying through the global standard to the local organization through strategic planning and effective communication, training and monitoring of policies, controls and initiatives across functions and throughout the region.
- Effective leadership of Ethics & Compliance locally to ensure the affiliate maintains an effective compliance program and accomplishes the global compliance standard by conducting business and all activities with the highest sense of ethics and integrity, with consistent and appropriate consideration of local differences.
- Leading Tone from the Top and other compliance communication programs that emphasize the importance of compliance, maintaining a speak up culture and the company's commitment to compliance and acting in a legal, compliant and ethical manner
- Ethics & Compliance policy developments and supportive processes
- Coordinating risk assessment, identification and management activities to ensure an integrated approach to identifying and managing risk, performing prospective systemic reviews of applicable processes, protocols, and practices and/or retrospective reviews of actual practices, and facilitating the completion of risk maps for significant risks in coordination with global and regional monitoring activities.
- Planning and implementation of adequate monitoring and control system to secure a high level of compliance with the entire organization in coordination with global and regional monitoring activities.
- Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption program, including third-party due diligence processes relating to compliance
- Data privacy according to the local laws and requirements
- Control on information provided to HCP by commercial or medical
- Control on payment or funding (including grant, donation and sponsorship) to HCP or healthcare organizations
- Identifying, defining and tracking the compliance and regulatory environment in the local country
- The management of processes to collect and appropriately report compliance violations and potential violations in a timely fashion, including effective implementation and management of compliance hotlines and helplines.
- Strategic oversight of tracking, trending and appropriate investigation of and follow-up on ethics and compliance related issues, concerns or actual or potential violations consistent with global and regional processes; this includes implementing appropriate corrective actions if violations occur.
- Benchmarking local compliance initiatives and structures to ensure that the Company follows best practices in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Allocating compliance resources in accordance with the level of compliance risk.
- Identifying, preventing and/or resolving local and specified compliance risks, including management of local ethics and compliance risk assessments and support for regional and global ethics and compliance risk assessments.
- Oversee and ensure that specified affiliates establish and run cross-functional local Compliance Committees with appropriate governance.
- Effective leadership in ensuring close collaboration and communication with senior Ethics & Compliance leadership
- Implementing, enhancing and ensuring that transfers of value to HCPs, HCOs, patient organizations and any other required transparency are appropriately done, collected and reported within the regional and/or global framework for transparency, in accordance with laws, regulations, codes and company policies and processes.
- Effectively implementing the third party compliance standard to the local business partners
- Other Ethics & Compliance initiatives deemed necessary to further enhance commitment to compliance (including global leadership role for certain specific area)
The Successful Applicant
- Advanced degree in law, business administration, corporate governance, compliance or other related fields
- Substantive knowledge and experience with compliance with law, regulations and industry codes relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural regional and global environment.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to interpret rules and guidelines, and ability to conceptualize policies, procedures and controls.
- Ability to demonstrate sound and independent judgment, prudence and maturity in complex and sensitive cases.
- A strong commitment to integrity and professionalism and a commitment to excellence.
- Ability to be flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work.
- Strong drafting and communication skills (oral and written).
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary
- Matrix reporting line
- Work life balance
- Flexible working environment